Many of the trends shaping the future of natural and organic personal care are manifestations of today’s larger top-of-mind issues—health, environmental sustainability, trust and integrity.
Table of Contents:
- 9 natural personal care predictions for 2017
- <strong>The gut-skin connection</strong>
- <strong>Natural beauty is the new craft beer </strong>
- <strong>Diversifying the natural beauty retail landscape</strong>
- <strong>It better work better</strong>
- <strong>Waste-not beauty</strong>
- <strong>Nontoxic antibacterials go "viral" </strong>
- <strong>Industry self-regulation is the only way</strong>
- <strong>Essential oils keep going…and going….</strong>
- <strong>Better together: pairing topical and ingestible products</strong>
Nontoxic beauty is thriving—and the innovative, high-performance products entering the space are proving that the category has staying power.
Natural and organic personal care experienced an 8 percent sales increase in natural retail in 2015. What's driving this sales boost? Medical breakthroughs are proving some of the risks associated with cosmetics chemicals—and mainstream media is covering it. But interest in the space isn’t as closely tied to fear as it once was. Thanks to innovation and performance, demand is more about want than want not.